Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Business Unit: Treatment
Reports to: Area Manager
Education requirements: Position requires skills normally obtained through the completion of high school, GED, or equivalent. Industry experience is preferred.
Travel Requirements: This position requires a valid state-issued driver’s license, and employees must pass an initial drug and alcohol screening at hire. Required to travel between field sites to perform daily tasks.
XRI’s Water Treatment Operator performs task in the field, wellsite, and/or multiple worksites; expected to have a working understanding of operations in order to effectively build and maintain updated, efficient data collection and control systems, maximize up-time and data integrity to optimize the role technology plays in operations.
The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor water treatment levels during an 8-12-hour shift
- Working rotating hitch of 2 weeks on and 1 week off
- Conduct routine water quality tests hourly
- Ensure equipment is operating properly and efficiently
- Record hourly data for daily reporting
- Effectively communicate in a professional manner with supervisors, client personnel, water transfer company employees, et al
- Complies with all regulatory, environmental, and safety rules and standards, as well as company policies
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Involves sitting inside climate-controlled treatment unit for several hours each shift
- Involves climbing stairs to take water samples
- Moderate amounts of time spent outside in potentially extreme (hot and/or cold) weather
- Able to operate equipment and vehicles
- Prefer working knowledge of water testing, knowledge of ORP, Iron, turbidity, etc.
- Prefer technical/mechanical expertise
- Proficiency in English
- Able to read, write, and perform simple math calculations
- Able to use Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook (e-mail) and Excel (spreadsheets)
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have organizational and time-management skills
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
- XRI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.