Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Business Unit: Treatment
Reports to: Project Manager
Education requirements: Position requires skills normally obtained through the completion of high school, GED, or equivalent. Industry experience and technical/mechanical expertise is preferred.
Travel Requirements: This position requires a valid state-issued driver’s license, and employees must pass an initial drug and alcohol screening at hire. Required to travel between field sites to perform daily tasks.
XRI’s Maintenance Technician will perform skilled maintenance duties as they relate to repair and upkeep of water treatment equipment. They may also help set and install water treatment equipment at new job sites
The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of field water treatment equipment including:
- Chemical Feeders
- Specialized equipment
- Perform preventative maintenance on water treatment equipment in the field, including scheduled periodic (monthly, quarterly, annual) maintenance of water treatment equipment
- Assist with the set-up, installation, testing, and troubleshooting of water treatment equipment at customer field locations.
- Develop written job plans for repair and maintenance projects.
- Write JSA (Job Safety Analysis) as part of planning and safety duties.
- Performs/assists with rig-up/down of water treatment plants in the field.
- Maintain high standards of workmanship and professionalism while working as a member of a team or when working alone.
- Complies with all regulatory, environmental, and safety rules and standards, as well as company policies
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Involves sitting inside climate-controlled treatment unit for several hours each shift
- Involves climbing stairs to take water samples
- Moderate amounts of time spent outside in potentially extreme (hot and/or cold) weather
- Able to operate equipment and vehicles
- Certifications from trade schools and/or professional organizations are preferred.
- Working knowledge of tools, common appliances, and devices
- Experience as water treatment operator a plus.
- Must be capable and willing to work overtime as required and participate in an On-Call rotation for 24/7/365 coverage of facilities.
- Must be able to respond to call outs within 30 minutes of notification.
- Proficiency in English (writing and speaking)
- Able to use Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook (e-mail) and Excel (spreadsheets)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have organizational and time-management skills
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
- XRI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.