Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Pay Type: Hourly
Business Unit: Treatment
Reports to: Project Manager
Education requirements: Position requires skills normally obtained through the completion of high school, GED, or equivalent. Industry experience is preferred. Electrical Apprentice license is preferred.
Travel Requirements: This position requires a valid state-issued driver’s license, and employees must pass an initial drug and alcohol screening at hire. Required to travel between field sites to perform daily tasks.
XRI’s I&E Technician would provide instrumentation, electrical, and automation support and maintenance for our water sourcing, well testing, and treatment facilities to insure reliable, safe, and efficient operations.
The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting of field instrumentation devices for process equipment including:
-Direct and inferential level measurement devices
-Analytical equipment and instrumentation
- Installation, calibration, inspection, and troubleshooting of instruments and electrical equipment, in accordance with NFPA 70, NFPA 70E, ISA and Company Standards.
- Identify, interpret, and effectively use drawings and documentation related to electrical and process controls including Electrical One-line diagrams, Elementary diagrams, wiring schematics, control schematics, P&ID’s, Cause and Effect diagrams, Instrument Loop diagrams, Interconnect diagrams, etc.
- Interpret and troubleshoot PLC and DCS logic including ladder logic, function block, and structured text routines.
- Work safely on AC distribution systems from 12k volts to 120 volts.
- Troubleshoot, repair motor control circuits and equipment including VFD’s, motors and motor control circuits.
Develop written job plans for electrical and instrumentation projects.
- Develop written procedures for instrumentation and electrical equipment maintenance and inspection.
- Plan and direct procurement of repair parts and material for electrical and instrument systems for project and maintenance purposes.
- Be able to discuss and apply NFPA 70E to any electrical work scope both in theory and in everyday practice on the job.
- Support Plant Operations to minimize production impacts and enhance reliability.
- Maintain high standards of workmanship and professionalism while working as a member of a team or when working alone.
- Complies with all regulatory, environmental, and safety rules and standards, as well as company policies
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Involves sitting inside climate-controlled treatment unit for several hours each shift
- Involves working from heights or tight spaces
- Moderate amounts of time spent outside in potentially extreme (hot and/or cold) weather
- Able to operate equipment and vehicles
- Certifications from trade schools and/or professional organizations are preferred.
- College coursework in electrical engineering and/or degree a plus.
- Minimum 2 years working experience in the process instrumentation and electrical trades, preferably in field applicable environments.
- Must be capable and willing to work overtime as required and participate in an On-Call rotation for
24/7/365 coverage of facilities.
- Must be able to respond to call outs within 30 minutes of notification.
- Prefer technical/mechanical expertise
- Proficiency in English
- Able to use Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook (e-mail) and Excel (spreadsheets)
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have organizational and time-management skills
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
- XRI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.