Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Business Unit: Treatment
Reports to: Area Manager
Education requirements: Position requires skills normally obtained through the completion of high school, GED, or equivalent. Industry experience and technical/mechanical expertise is preferred.
Travel Requirements: This position requires a valid state-issued driver’s license, and employees must pass an initial drug and alcohol screening at hire. Required to travel between field sites to perform daily tasks.
XRI’s Water Treatment Supervisor is a first level supervisory class responsible for the supervision of staff involved in the operation and maintenance of water treatment plants in TX/NM. Under direction of the Field Manager, the Water Treatment Supervisor supervises and participates in the operation, direction, adjustment, repair and maintenance of the water treatment plants and related equipment; plans, organizes, schedules and assigns work at the plants and performs related work as required.
The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise the water treatment operators in the assigned geography and/or customer locations
- Provide training and direction regarding their efforts, and make adjustment as necessary for safety, quality, coverage.
- Determine when repairs and maintenance of the water treatment plants and related equipment Is needed, and either perform, oversee, or coordinate the efforts.
- Create plans and schedules to ensure coverage, shift transitions, and safe performance at all assigned locations.
- Make assignments work at the plants, including determining when one or more operators are required, and divide work accordingly.
- Monitor performance of the sites daily, using the electronic tools available.
- Effectively communicate in a professional manner with supervisors, client personnel, water transfer company employees, et al,
- Complies with all regulatory, environmental, and safety rules and standards, as well as company policies
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Driving for long period of time
- Involves sitting inside climate-controlled treatment unit for several hours each shift
- Involves climbing stairs to take water samples
- Moderate amounts of time spent outside in potentially extreme (hot and/or cold) weather
- Able to operate equipment and vehicles
- On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time; bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist while checking equipment or performing field work; intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation
- Minimum of 1-3 years in Water Treatment or Oilfield Industry
- Principles and practices of water treatment and water quality analysis.
- Chemical tests and jar testing applicable to water treatment.
- Water treatment plant equipment.
- Filter profile analysis, chemical feed equipment.
- Knowledge of fundamental principles of instrumentation; and computer monitoring and data acquisition.
- Computer literate, and fluent in using creating and editing documents in Excel, Outlook, and Word for record keeping and communication
- General principles of supervision and training.
- Appropriate safety precautions and procedures.
- Proper methods, materials, tools, and equipment used in water plant repair, maintenance, and operation.
- Maintain water plant equipment.
- Skillfully use and care for tools used in the trade and demonstrate and direct their use by employees.
- Monitor and control plant processes.
- Understand and apply Systems Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system principles, Repair pumps and motors.
- Apply general principles of water hydraulics.
- Read and interpret blueprints, electrical and electronic circuit diagrams and instruct employees in their interpretation.
- Establish and maintain safe working practices and habits.
- Read, write, and perform mathematical calculations at the level required for successful job performance; Operate a vehicle observing legal and defensive driving practices.
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Write comprehensive reports on weekly and monthly activities as well as event summaries.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Math applicable to plant maintenance and operations.
- Prefer working knowledge of water testing, knowledge of ORP, Iron, turbidity, etc.
- Prefer technical/mechanical expertise
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have organizational and time-management skills
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
- XRI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.