Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Business Unit: Water, Gathering and Disposal
Reports to: VP, Saltwater Disposal Operations
Travel Requirements: Less than 25%
The Director of Saltwater Disposal Operations oversees all Saltwater Disposal facilities & pipeline infrastructure, striving to make sure customer needs are met and achieving profitable margins. You will be responsible for leading and motivating the Saltwater Disposal team, ensuring continuity of standards and processes, understanding of risk, and the ability to effectively operate with the highest standards of efficiency, safety, and productivity. The Director role involves cultivating a shared vision, mutual respect, and in-depth understanding of other’s roles while striving for excellent business outcomes and outstanding customer experience.
The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to drive business growth and be self-reliant to efficiently manage own time and priorities.
- Build meaningful and sustainable relationships with key sector clients & vendors to grow XRI’s sourcing line of business.
- Implement strategies, plans, and projects on time, on budget, and at the highest quality.
- Monitor progress by providing daily, weekly, and monthly reports to provide updates, re-establish deadlines, and ensure all teams are aligned.
- Assume some Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility for the Saltwater Disposal Business Unit.
- Establish goals for your future numbers and determine the best ways to preserve your capital.
- Collaborate and work closely with Engineering to maximize the profitability of assets and systems and operate from prepared water balances.
- Manage contractual obligations and account for variables that may hinder your team’s ability to reach them and lay out contingency plans.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental regulations and policies in conjunction with federal, state, and local governmental guidelines, rules, and laws
- Maintain profit margins in all disciplines, according to established corporate and financial objectives.
- Lead and develop a positive work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating a group of top-quality employees at all levels.
- Participate as a key member of the leadership team in the development and implementation of the company’s ongoing growth strategy.
- Displays understanding and effectively applies problem-solving and decision-making skills; able to diagnose problems accurately; skilled at data analysis leading to meaningful insights.
- Establish effective relationships with customers by providing reliable supplies of low-cost, non-potable water, recycled and non-recycled produced water to meet their requirements.
- Responsible for relationships and interaction with existing and future Client’s/Customers and landowners by understanding their objectives, business drivers, and success measures.
- Understand annual client business plans detailing the client’s goals and objectives and ensure the project is in alignment with goals and objectives.
- Drive cost down in your division by continually reviewing the division’s costs with your area managers in an effort to increase profitability.
- Assists business development teams and client/partner managers on proposals and calls, when necessary, as requested by management; as well as seeking additional acquisition opportunities.
- Responsible for managing the automation system (TankLogix) & taking the responsibility of creating accounts for employees& vendors.
- Retaining knowledge of P-18 process to become the final approver of monthly documentation before reports are sent to RRC.
- Becoming the foremost expert in the disposal infrastructure.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and make decisions quickly and effectively.
- Comfortable working in an environment of uncertainty and change, constantly seeking to drive value for the organization based on the changing business demands.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and oversight of the company’s operating pipeline and terminal assets, with direct accountability for the disciplines related to effectively managing operational excellence in the Company.
- Provides oversight and support to the divisional area managers.
- Performs regular cost analyses of business operations and enhances and maximizes profitability of operational practices.
- Prepares, delivers, and presents reports at key executive weekly meetings for past divisional revenue, costs, and profitability, and prepares and delivers workups of divisions AFEs on future and upcoming work.
- Provides complete oversight and execution of upcoming work within the guidance of the current customer contracts in place.
- Operates within the safest of methods and practices while being efficient and timely.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations to area managers & oversees evaluations of field personnel.
- Executes discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Routine desk work with field visits and occasional travel.
- Maintain regular meetings with operational partners, and clients to review performance.
- Meet project deadlines while maintaining the Company’s targeted margins.
- Check in with your team regularly about their progress and listen to their feedback.
- Increase client satisfaction, streamlining workflows and/or reduce internal expense.
- Maintain effective leadership to ensure positive morale and employee engagement.
- 10+ years of experience in water disposal or similar field
- 3-5 years of experience in management
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Knowledge of industry standards and processes
- Understand compliance with TX and NM state laws and regulations
- Must have Computer Skills (MS Office- Word, Excel)
- Must be able to work as a team in a collaborative manner
- Must be analytical, have a high level of attention to detail and excellent organizational
- Excellent problem-solving, communication skills, time-management skills and effectively lead a team
- Must be flexible to a changing work environment, available to work overtime, holidays, and weekends
- Must live in Midland and Odessa
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
- XRI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.