Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Pay Type: Salary
Business Unit: Recycle & Reuse
Reports to: VP, Recycle & Reuse
Travel Requirements: Less than 25%
The Director of Recycle & Reuse Operations oversees water treatment facilities while striving to make sure customer needs are met while achieving profitable margins. You will be responsible for leading and motivating the treatment and recycling team, ensuring continuity of standards and processes, understanding of risk, and the ability to effectively operate with the highest standards of efficiency, safety, and productivity. The Director role involves cultivating a shared vision, mutual respect, and in-depth understanding of other’s roles while striving for excellent business outcomes and outstanding customer experience. You will be a key decision maker in our water treatment and recycling business and will be an integral part of our leadership team with responsibilities ranging from market strategic planning and business development collaboration to technical oversight of ongoing water treatment facility projects. The Director must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and make decisions quickly and effectively. This individual will be comfortable working in an environment of uncertainty and change, constantly seeking to drive value for the organization based on the changing business demands. You will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of the company’s operating water treatment facilities, with direct accountability for the disciplines related to effectively managing operational excellence in the Company.
The essential duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to drive business growth and be self-reliant to efficiently manage own time and priorities.
- Build meaningful and sustainable relationships with key sector midstream clients to substantially grow XRI’s treatment and recycling line of business.
- Implement strategies, plans, and projects on time, on budget, and at the highest quality.
- Ensure AFE’s are complete and approved prior to projects are mobilized.
- Establish effective relationships with customers by offering our treatment to ensure high water quality for the end-user.
- Monitor progress by providing daily, weekly, and monthly reports to provide updates, re-establish deadlines, and ensure all teams are aligned.
- Collaborate with functional units of the organization to integrate new or existing services.
- Work with Project Directors and Project Managers to deliver high quality work/projects.
- Assume some Profit & Loss (P&L) responsibility for the Recycle & Reuse Business Unit.
- Establish goals for your future numbers and determine the best ways to preserve your capital.
- Manage contractual obligations and account for variables that may hinder your team’s ability to reach them and to lay out contingency plans.
- Interfacing regularly across the organization to ensure that operations comply with regulatory and industry standards.
- Maintain profit margins in all disciplines, according to established corporate and financial objectives.
- Lead and develop a positive work climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating a group of top-quality employees at all levels.
- Participate as a key member of the leadership team in the development and implementation of the company’s ongoing growth strategy.
- Displays understanding and effectively applies problem solving and decision-making skills; able to diagnose problems accurately; skilled at data analysis leading to meaningful insights.
- Responsible for relationships and interaction with existing and future Client’s/Customers and landowners by understanding their objectives, business drivers, and success measures.
- Understand annual client business plans detailing the client’s goals and objectives and ensure the project is in alignment with goals and objectives.
- Assists business development teams and client/partner managers on proposals and calls, when necessary, as requested by management; as well as seeking additional sale opportunities.
- Routine desk work with field visits and occasional travel.
- Maintain regular meetings with operational partners, and clients to review performance.
- Meet project deadlines while maintaining the Company’s targeted margins.
- Check in with your team regularly about their progress and listen to their feedback.
- Increase client satisfaction, streamlining workflows and/or reduce internal expense.
- Maintain effective leadership to ensure positive morale and employee engagement.
- 10+ years of experience in water treatment and recycling, chemistry, or similar field
- 3-5 years of management experience.
- Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Knowledge of industry standards and processes
- Understand compliance with TX and NM state laws and regulations
- Must have Computer Skills (MS Office- Word, Excel)
- Must be able to work as a team in a collaborative manner
- Must be analytical, have a high level of attention to detail and excellent organizational
- Excellent problem-solving, communication skills, time-management skills and effectively lead a team
- Must be flexible to a changing work environment, available to work overtime, holidays, and weekends
- Live in Midland or Odessa
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement
- XRI is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.